Beyond the red kettle, there are many ways to provide financial support to The Salvation Army that will benefit both the community and you. The decision to restrict your gift to a particular program or purpose is always available, or you can allow us to utilize your gift where it is most needed.Gifts of cash are an excellent way to provide The Salvation Army with immediate funds necessary to meet the physical and spiritual needs of the people we serve. These donations include checks, money orders and credit card donations, as well as online donations.
Donating is Easy!
- CALL 816.756.1455
- MAIL – 3637 Broadway, Kansas City, MO 64111
- TEXT “MOKAN” to 80888 to donate $10
A one-time donation of $10 will be added to your mobile phone bill or deducted from your prepaid balance.
Types of Gifts
- Automatic Withdrawal – You may make donation to The Salvation Army through automatic withdrawals from your checking or saving account. Click here for more information.
- Outright Gifts of Stock and Securities - Stocks that have gained in value or are now paying low dividends are a great way to make a gift, because you get double tax savings! First, we acknowledge your charitable deduction for the full value of the stock, mutual fund or bond when given. Second, you pay no tax (and neither do we) on the capital gain. Whether your stock gift is in certificate form or being held by a broker, please notify us if a gift is coming. NOTE: Please allow adequate time, especially at year-end, for us to receive your gift. Click here for more information.
- Gifts from IRAs – The IRA Charitable Rolloverwas extended on December 19, 2014, but it is only effective for all of 2014. Click the link above for more information about how to make a year-end gift directly from your IRA to The Salvation Army by December 31, 2014. Contact our Gift Planning Advisors with any questions. Subscribe to our donor e-newsletter which will also provide updates about this hopefully being extended next year for 2015 and beyond.
- Gifts of U.S. Savings Bonds - Do you have matured or low-yielding bonds? We can discuss options for giving the bonds to us now and reducing some of your taxes or we can help you with how to give them later through your estate plan and avoid all taxes. Contact our Gift Planning Office at 816.968.0363.